TreeLight Startup Page:
A guide to getting your startup off the ground,
getting it funded, and making it profitable. A continuing work in progress
that reflects a technologist's understanding of the startup process.
Making Startups Happen
- The Tetrahedral Model
- Three legs of the tripod: technology, marketing, and finance. Roofing
the pyramid: Organization. Pinpointing the foundation: The organization's
- Investor Models
- Who will invest in the enterprise, and why. The induction hypothesis.
- Buyer Models
- A general picture of potential buyers, how much of a market they represent,
how much it costs to penetrate that market, and the shape of the adoption
- The Third Time is the Charm
- Why entrepreneurs tend to succeed on their third venture.
- Technology Models
- What the product has to do to win in a given market. A scenario that shows
how it is used. Component listing and risk analysis.
- Revenue Models
- Who the customers are for the proposed technology, how they will be reached,
what they will pay.
- Growth Models
- The plans that show how you get to the great end result you're projecting.
- Business Models
- Structuring the organization: Legal entities, risks and costs.
§ Home · Books · Articles: Health · Golf · Essays §
Subscribe for announcments.
Contact me to send feedback,
make a donation, or find ways to help others.